Posco joins hands with world's largest miner BHP to decarbonize steelmaking
조지현 입력 2021. 10. 18. 14:03 수정 2021. 10. 18. 14:21
South Korea’s top steelmaker Posco inked a MoU with BHP, the world’s largest mining company based in Australia. to jointly explore hydrogen and biomass materials-based solutions to reduce coke consumption and decarbonize steelmaking. The two also intend to collaborate on the reporting of greenhouse gas emissions across the entire supply chain to ramp up consistency and transparency. BHP is currently supplying 17 million tons of raw materials annually to Posco including iron ore, coal and nickel.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
이 기사에 대해 어떻게 생각하시나요?
매일경제에서 직접 확인하세요. 해당 언론사로 이동합니다.
- S. Korean gov’t careful about adjusting inheritance tax law: finance minister - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- F&F, Hyosung Advanced Materials, Samsung Biologics cited winners in Korean bear run - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Posco joins hands with world’s largest miner BHP to decarbonize steelmaking - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- U.S. biotech firm Cerecin raises $30mn from Korean investors - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Hyundai Oilbank to export its CCU-based methanol production technology - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 박수홍 사망보험 납입액만 14억·월 1155만원 납부
- "러 군함, 가스관 폭발현장에 있었다"…힘실린 `푸틴 개입설`
- ESPN "이강인 더 중요한 역할 시작할 때인데.."
- H.O.T. 이재원 “30대 초반에 갑상선암 앓아”
- 박민영 측 "열애설 상대와 이별…금전 제공 사실 아냐"