Google, Apple defiant on Korean in-app law to be asked to resubmit their remedial scheme
According to the Korea Communications Commission (KCC) on Sunday, the two had stayed defiant of the new local law, claiming there is no problem with their in-app policy. The authority will notify their explanation ¡°insufficient¡± and require them to rewrite their remedial scheme.
Korea in September became the first country in the world to regulate in-app payment of Google and Apple through an amendment in the Telecommunications Business Act.
KCC meanwhile will meet with local app developers to build more evidences for their power abuse and justice of the new law.
Their first meeting on Tuesday will be with six app developing associations including Korea Startup Forum, Korea Association of Game Industry, and Korea Mobile Game Association.
Google has been facing a string of new regulations in Korea for monopolistic abuse.
It was provisionally fined 207.4 billion won ($177 million) for forcing Korean handset makers to use its Android mobile operating system and no others. Along with in-app pay system, it faces antitrust reviews related to app market and ad abuse.
[¨Ï Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
- Gamevil to change name to Com2uS Holdings next month - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Rapidly depleting EV state subsidy funds likely to slow EV sales in Korea - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Green car sales in Korea top 200,000 from Jan-Sep, one out of six cars on the road - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Naver, SoftBank review expanding internet alliance to AI front - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s Sept. auto exports tumble 20%, snapping 8-month growth streak - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 박수홍 사망보험 납입액만 14억·월 1155만원 납부
- "러 군함, 가스관 폭발현장에 있었다"…힘실린 `푸틴 개입설`
- ESPN "이강인 더 중요한 역할 시작할 때인데.."
- H.O.T. 이재원 “30대 초반에 갑상선암 앓아”
- 박민영 측 "열애설 상대와 이별…금전 제공 사실 아냐"