SK Innovation's net profit grows over 300% to reach nearly 2 trillion won in 2022
이 글자크기로 변경됩니다.
(예시) 가장 빠른 뉴스가 있고 다양한 정보, 쌍방향 소통이 숨쉬는 다음뉴스를 만나보세요. 다음뉴스는 국내외 주요이슈와 실시간 속보, 문화생활 및 다양한 분야의 뉴스를 입체적으로 전달하고 있습니다.
SK Innovation’s net profit surged 307.4 percent to 1.99 trillion won ($1.6 billion) last year compared to the previous year, boosted by high oil prices.
The company said in a regulatory filing Tuesday that it posted 3.99 trillion won in operating profit for 2022, compared with 1.74 trillion from the previous year. Annual revenue rose 66.6 percent to 78.05 trillion won.
Still, it swung to a loss in the fourth quarter, posting net loss of 386.8 billion won, turning from a profit of 151.4 billion won the year earlier.
The company said in a regulatory filing that it continued to post an operating loss of 683.3 billion won for the October-December period, compared with a loss of 62.3 billion won a year earlier. Revenue within the quarter rose 39.5 percent to 19.13 trillion won.
The loss was 342.8 percent higher than the average estimate, according to a survey by Yonhap Infomax, the financial data firm of Yonhap News Agency.
BY PARK EUN-JEE, YONHAP [email@example.com]
- BTS leaves Grammys empty-handed third year in a row
- North to display key weapons at parade Wednesday
- Popeyes is back in Korea and optimistic after exit in 2020
- SM Entertainment to establish its first multi-label system
- 23 Thai tourists out of contact after arriving in Muan Int'l Airport
- Samsung, Qualcomm, Google vs. Apple in XR headsets
- Korean fishing boat capsizes, nine of 12 crew members missing
- Traditional markets see resurgence in popularity thanks to trendy and tasty treats
- Tomorrow X Together tops Billboard 200 albums chart with latest EP
- Rumors swirl about Song Joong-ki's new wife, but which ones are true?