YG unveils fifth member of new girl group BabyMonster
이 글자크기로 변경됩니다.
(예시) 가장 빠른 뉴스가 있고 다양한 정보, 쌍방향 소통이 숨쉬는 다음뉴스를 만나보세요. 다음뉴스는 국내외 주요이슈와 실시간 속보, 문화생활 및 다양한 분야의 뉴스를 입체적으로 전달하고 있습니다.
Rora, the fifth member of YG Entertainment's upcoming girl group BabyMonster, was officially unveiled Monday.
In a performance video uploaded on the girl group's official YouTube channel, the 14-year-old Korean trainee performed the 2020 R&B track "Forfeit" by Kiana Ledé.
The public had already seen a glimpse of Rora after a group performance video was released earlier this month in which members Ruka, Haram, Asa, Rora and Ahyeon danced to “Senile” (2014) by Young Money. An individual performance video for Rukais has not yet been revealed.
Although it has been implied that the group will have seven members, the total number has not been confirmed. The agency is drip-feeding information about the group to the public, a common strategy used in the K-pop industry to build hype.
The group has already garnered 650,000 subscribers to its YouTube channel with 88 million accumulated views on its videos.
BabyMonster will be the first new girl group from YG since Blackpink made its debut in 2016.
BY YOON SO-YEON [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Korea to lift indoor mask mandate on Monday
- Basic living costs in Korea to continue to rise across the board
- Blackpink performs at Le Gala des Pièces Jaunes
- [WHY] Why do Koreans love, hate sex dolls?
- Jose Mourinho praises Kim Min-jae, calls out Tottenham for failing to sign him
- NATO to address North Korea-Russia arms trade
- Singer HyunA and Dawn have reportedly rekindled romantic relationship
- LG Electronics collabs with girl group NewJeans on limited-edition laptop
- Astro's Cha Eun-woo to hold first solo photo exhibition from Feb. 13 to 26
- New cooking-travel reality show 'Seojin's' to start airing Feb. 24