Yoon stresses on zero-tolerance policy on workplace illegality
Yoon, speaking at a press conference to mark his first 100 days in office, said he will “adhere to the principle of supporting legitimate labor movement and dialogues” but continue with his efforts to “root out unlawful practices at workplaces.”
He vowed to promote an advanced management-labor relationship through autonomous talks and negotiations within the boundaries of law and order, which he believes would help resolve the labor market issues such as income inequality.
Commenting on his record-low job approval rating, Yoon said he will “humbly examine the public sentiment rather than fixate on the number itself.”
“People’s safety is the unlimited responsibility of the country,” Yoon said as he promised to do his utmost to help those suffering from recent floods to quickly return back to normal. Yoon was also pressed by the media on housing shortages and other economic issues.
Regarding his administration's "audacious initiative" for North Korean denuclearization unveiled during his Liberation Day speech earlier this week, Yoon acknowledged the need for dialogue but also repeated his calls for Pyongyang to end its nuclear ambition in exchange for economic aids.
[ㄏ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Yoon stresses on zero-tolerance policy on workplace illegality - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Seoul Milk’s potential financial support for farmers may lead to milk price hike - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- FKI calls for revising Korea’s inheritance tax system - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- KT to merge TV operating subsidies to groom ENA as top pay TV brand - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korean ramyeon giant Nongshim posts first loss at home in 24 years - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 강경준, 상간남 피소…사랑꾼 이미지 타격 [MK픽] - 스타투데이
- 한국 휩쓴 ‘성공 포르노’…혹시 당신의 마음도 훔쳤나요? [스페셜리포트]
- 마약 투약한 뒤 거리 활보…30대 작곡가, 구속당했다 [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다 - 스타투데이
- 양희은·양희경 자매, 오늘(4일) 모친상 - 스타투데이