KT to merge TV operating subsidies to groom ENA as top pay TV brand
KT Skylife, the parent company of skyTV, and KT Studio Genie, the parent company of Media Genie, will hold a separate board meeting on Aug. 31 on Sept. 1, respectively, to vote on a merger between skyTV and Media Genie, according to various news reports by Maeil Business Newspaper. Under the merger plan, Media Genie will be placed under skyTV.
The latest bold plan comes after ENA's first original content “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” became a smash hit. The show instantly became the most talked about K-drama and has topped the Netflix chart for non-English series for the third consecutive week.
ENA’s first and second largest shareholders KT Skylife and KT Studio Genie are expected to make aggressive investments to produce original contents with the relaunch of its content business, said an industry insider.
Shares of KT traded down 0.13 percent at 37,650 won ($28.73) as of 11:14 a.m. on Wednesday.
[ㄏ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- FKI calls for revising Korea’s inheritance tax system - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- KT to merge TV operating subsidies to groom ENA as top pay TV brand - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korean ramyeon giant Nongshim posts first loss at home in 24 years - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Shinwon reports upbeat Q2 earnings led by brisk exports, online sales - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung SDI establishes 2nd overseas battery R&D center in U.S. - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 강경준, 상간남 피소…사랑꾼 이미지 타격 [MK픽] - 스타투데이
- 한국 휩쓴 ‘성공 포르노’…혹시 당신의 마음도 훔쳤나요? [스페셜리포트]
- 엔하이픈 니키, 아무리 日 국적이지만…소속사는 뭐하나요 [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다 - 스타투데이
- 양희은·양희경 자매, 오늘(4일) 모친상 - 스타투데이