Shinwon reports upbeat Q2 earnings led by brisk exports, online sales
South Korean fashion company Shinwon announced in a regulatory filing on Tuesday that it earned 10.2 billion won ($7.78 million) in consolidated operating profit in the second quarter ended June, more than doubled from the same period of last year, while its sales amounted to 251.2 billion won, up 19.2 percent from a year ago. Its overseas business reported 8.3 billion won in operating profit in the quarter, up 17.6 percent on year on sales of 199.2 billion won, up 18.9 percent. Especially, its operating profit in the first six months of this year amounted to 21.9 billion won, larger than 21.6 billion won, the total achieved for the whole of last year.
The economic reopening was largely owed to the brisk sales, but also it attributed its efforts to meet various customer demands through the diversification of production bases and establishment of smart factory systems to the strong results.
After it set its path for global expansion last year, it has strengthened its global supply networks and made facility investments to achieve the goal by 2030. In Latin America, it added a new production facility in Nicaragua last year to enhance its production capacity through its plant in Guatemala. In Asia, it invested to build intelligent factory systems in Indonesia. It will build a fabric factory in Latin America to cover end-to-end processes in clothing production. In addition, the firm will pursue sustainable growth, developing eco-friendly materials.
Shinwon has also bolstered its e-commerce business by enhancing its platform Showindow, featuring various fashion brands, including Bestibelli, and upgrading online shopping experiences. As a result, sales through the online platform increased 144 percent in the second quarter from a year ago.
¡°Shinwon is a homegrown brand in Korea with a 50-year history, and has made a remarkable success despite global uncertainties, said Chairman Park Seong-cheol.
Its shares dropped 0.82 percent to 1,805 won in the early session on Wednesday.
[¨Ï Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Hyundai-Aptiv JV Motional kicks off Ioniq 5-based robotaxi in U.S. - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung Life Science Fund to invest $15 million in Senda Biosciences - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- SBW shares hit new 52-wk low on news of warrant issued for top executives - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Lotte chairman Shin paid most among chaebol CEOs in Korea in H1 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- LG sets up TV data analysis unit in UK to advance into European connected TV mkt - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 강경준, 상간남 피소…사랑꾼 이미지 타격 [MK픽] - 스타투데이
- 거대한 물결 ‘하이브리드 워크’ [COVER STORY]
- 서지수, 아프리카TV BJ로 데뷔? “러블리즈 이후 배우라는 새로운 길 갔는데…” - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다 - 스타투데이
- 양희은·양희경 자매, 오늘(4일) 모친상 - 스타투데이