Nottingham Forest, Brest bid for Bordeaux forward Hwang Ui-jo
There may well be some light at the end of the long, dark transfer tunnel for Bordeaux striker Hwang Ui-jo, with the club reportedly receiving satisfactory offers from at least two clubs over the last few days.
French media reported Friday that Bordeaux have accepted an offer from Premier League club Nottingham Forest valued at 4 million euros ($4 million) with an additional 1 million euros in add-ons. The deal matches a reported offer from French club Brest, which Bordeaux have also tentatively accepted.
Hwang has been looking for a way out of Bordeaux after the club was demoted and went into financial administration with the space of a couple of months. The club's financial woes complicated a possible move, making Bordeaux desperate to sell and encouraging other clubs to try and lowball an offer.
Wolverhampton Wanderers made an attempt last week at 2 million euros with a possible 1 million euros in add-ons, but Bordeaux rejected that offer. Whether Wolves will come back to the negotiating table remains to be seen.
At 5 million euros, Hwang, who was the top scorer for Bordeaux for the last two seasons, would likely still be seen as a great deal for most clubs.
With the only tenable Premier League offer coming from recently-promoted Forest, the decision will come down to whether Hwang wants to gamble on waiting for another offer, accept the Premier League move or accept a transfer in France.
BY JIM BULLEY [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Is 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' helping or hurting the autism community?
- The woman behind girl group NewJeans refuses to follow any formulas
- South Korean F-4E fighter jet crashes over Yellow Sea, pilots escape unharmed
- NCT Dream rescheduling is well and good, but what about Red Velvet?
- Webtoon version of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' to be released tonight on Naver Webtoon
- Samsung Vice Chairman facing key tests following pardon
- [WHY] When it comes to covering up, more is more for Korean beachgoers
- Director's cut of 'Anna' is being released
- IU’s agency cracks down on illegal tickets for singer’s upcoming concert
- BTS members produce new photo project