Korea's import price index falls for first time in 3 mos, upside for trade deficit, inflation
According to the Bank of Korea Friday, the import price index came to 153.49 in July, down 0.9 percent from previous month. The index, nevertheless, is 29.9 percent higher compared to a year ago.
Import price of minerals showed the steepest monthly decline, falling 2.8 percent in a month. It is largely due to softening in oil prices. Dubai crude price slipped 8.9 percent in a month to average at $103.14 in July.
Export price index came to 129.76 in July, down 2.1 percent on month. It is the first monthly decline since January this year. But it is up 16.3 percent compared to a year ago.
Price of coal/petroleum products tumbled 11.0 percent, primary metal products 3.1 percent, and chemicals 2.2 percent. By item, export price of gasoline sank plunged 18.0 percent, diesel 16.8 percent and DRAM chip 8.8 percent.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
- Samsung and Lotte tycoons reinstated from Yoon’s first presidential pardon - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s import price index falls for first time in 3 mos, upside for trade deficit, inflation - Pulse by Maeil Business News K
- Samsung Biologics snatches record deal with AZ to overachieve last year’s orders - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- K-bio names draw limelight on progress in precision therapies in lung cancer forum - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- SK bioscience shares extend gains on expectations for Bill Gates meeting - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 방탄소년단 뷔, 독보적인 음색을 가진 가수 1위
- GM, 올해 1분기 ‘트랙스 크로스오버’ 韓 출시…“빠른 성장 이룰 것”
- 배우 하지원, 수영복 입고 뽐낸 볼륨 몸매
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변
- ‘표절 논란’ 유희열 근황 공개…적재 콘서트서 포착