SK bioscience shares extend gains on expectations for Bill Gates meeting
SK bioscience shares were 2.4 percent higher at 129.500 won ($100) after going as high as 133,000 won following the rise of 4.6 percent on the previous session.
A local media reported Bill Gates will have a meeting with the South Korean vaccine manufacturer to discuss Covid-19 vaccine production and distribution.
SK bioscience developed SKYCovione, the country’s first homegrown Covid-19 vaccine, which was approved by local health authorities in June. The company received 4.4 billion won funding from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for vaccine development.
The meeting has raised expectations for a push for global marketing of the Korean vaccine.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
- LG Chem to invest nearly $400 million to upgrade and expand ABS plastic facilities - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Foreign capital dominates Korean M&A with ample funds and stronger USD vs KRW - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- NCSoft, Krafton Q2 OP off nearly 50% on qtr, Netmarble turns red - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korean fintech platform Toss operator nears getting new ammunition for banking growth - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s sea flag carrier HMM should be gradually privatized: Oceans Min - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 이승기, ♥이다인과 열애 2년만 결혼 발표...견미리 사위 된다
- 유아도 자위한다.
- 효민, 호텔에서 뽐낸 밀착 의상 앞·옆·뒤태
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변
- “손배소 제기”vs“허위사실 유감”...모코이엔티·김희재, 갈등ing