Body found in flooded basement after torrential rains in Korea
A body was found Thursday afternoon in a basement parking lot in Seocho District, southern Seoul, as record rains Monday led to heavy flooding in the areas, according to local press reports citing the police and fire departments.
Twelve deaths have been reported as being related to the record rainfall in the central regions of the Korean Peninsula. Earlier Thursday, a person was swept away by floodwaters from an overflowing stream Chuncheon, Gangwon.
Out of the 12 deaths, seven were in Seoul, three in Gyeonggi and two in Gangwon.
BY LIM JEONG-WON [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- When Seoul floods, underground class feels it hardest
- Is 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' helping or hurting the autism community?
- Arrival testing rules change for short-term visitors to Korea
- Webtoon version of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' to be released tonight on Naver Webtoon
- Samsung Electronics unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Z Fold 4
- Kim Ga-ram posts on social media 21 days after being kicked out of Le Sserafim
- iPhone's Siri seems to be stuck in the colonial era
- 'Woo' gets mixed reviews from people who know about autism
- [CELEB] Ex-Girls' Generation member Jessica is ready to relaunch in China
- Flooding in Seoul's Gangnam areas continues to cause problems