Korean govt on reactor sale pitch arranged 9 MoUs with reactor-related firms in Poland
The memorandums of understanding involved state entities Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power (KHNP), KEPCO Technology, KEPCO Nuclear Fuel, KEPCO KPS and private equipment companies Doosan Enerbility, and Daewoo E&C.
The MoUs with companies like Zarmen, Ethos Energy, and Polimex Mostostal were on broad reactor value chain from engineering, facility manufacturing and repair, the ministry said in a press release.
His visit followed Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol’s summit talks with his Polish counterpart Andrzej Duda on the sidelines of the NATO summit in Madrid, Spain on Wednesday.
Poland announced a plan in February last year to build six nuclear power plants by 2043. It plans to decide on a new reactor type potentially this year and start construction in 2026.
During Lee’s visit, Korean and Polish governments signed an MOU on bilateral cooperation in energy and other fields, including nuclear power, hydrogen, and e-mobility. They also agreed to hold a joint energy committee on a regular basis for close consultation.
Lee also met with Richard Terletsky, Vice-Marshal of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland and requested support from the Polish parliament, while stressing that Korean nuclear power plants can contribute to the nation’s energy security.
Minister Lee visited the Czech Republic on his first overseas business trip since taking office on Thursday and discussed ways of bilateral cooperation in nuclear energy and other sectors with his Czech counterpart Jozef Sikela.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- US cybersecurity startup Theori cofounded by a Korean draws funding from Korean capital - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Kakao Games ups stake in Lionheart Studio to 54.95% ahead of IPO - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung Electronics launches gaming hub service enabling game playing via TV - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Nexon owner family to pay $4.6 inherence tax via financing instead of sale of units - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- KB Securities tops both ECM and DCM league tables in Korea for H1 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- [인터뷰] ‘렌트’ 김호영 “나의 마지막 엔젤…언젠가 연출로 돌아올 것”
- 살얼음판 부동산 PF…‘째깍째깍’ 시한폭탄
- ‘서민재와 필로폰 투약 혐의’ 남태현, 징역 2년 구형 [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘골든걸스’ 박진영 신효범, 꿀뚝뚝 눈맞춤 섹시 댄스