KB Securities tops both ECM and DCM league tables in Korea for H1
According to Maeil Business Newspaper’s Radar M, KB Securities managed 4.95 trillion won ($3.83 billion) worth deals in the equity capital market (ECM) in the first six months of 2022, 2.84 trillion won more than runner-up Morgan Stanley. Both easily led the list thanks to overseeing LG Energy Solution’s $11 billion IPO in January.
NH Investment & Securities ranked third with 2.5 trillion won and Korea Investment & Securities fourth with 1.6 trillion won.
NH Investment & Securities led IPOs of companies such as Bumhan Fuel Cell, Egtronics, and BCnC while Korea Investment & Securities sponsored the rights offerings of Samsung Biologics, EcoPro BM, and Solus Advanced Materials.
As long as there is no dramatic turnaround in the IPO market, KB Securities is expected to become the No.1 ECM player this year.
KB Securities also took the top spot in the debt capital markets (DCM) category in the January-June period when it led 14.2 trillion won worth of corporate bond sales, 320 billion won more than NH Investment & Securities, which followed closely behind with 13.8 trillion won.
KB Securities has maintained its No.1 spot in the DCM sector since the Radar M league table was first created nine years ago.
Mid-size securities firms also fared well, with SK Securities coming in fourth and Kiwoom Securities in fifth after dealing 5 trillion won and 3.8 trillion won worth of corporate bond issuances.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Korean govt on reactor sale pitch arranged 9 MoUs with reactor-related firms in Poland - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- US cybersecurity startup Theori cofounded by a Korean draws funding from Korean capital - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Kakao Games ups stake in Lionheart Studio to 54.95% ahead of IPO - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung Electronics launches gaming hub service enabling game playing via TV - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Nexon owner family to pay $4.6 inherence tax via financing instead of sale of units - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- [인터뷰①] ‘연인’ 안은진 “남궁민=남궁장현, 애틋한 멜로 파트너”
- 전국에서 가장 작지만 강한 도시, 구리의 재발견 [스페셜리포트]
- ‘사실상 열애’ 블핑 리사·재벌 2세, 파리가 만남의 광장? 이번엔 이강인 경기 관람[MK★이슈] -
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘남태현과 마약’ 서민재 “나와 가족 직업·명예 다 잃어”(‘추적 60분’)