Asan Medical Center to expand virtual consultation for international patients
The online medical services delivered by AMC from January to May this year include 132 cases of 'pre consultation,' 86 cases of ‘outpatient consultation by proxy,’ 19 cases of ‘second opinion,’ and 29 cases of ‘virtual consultation.’
AMC’s online medical services for patients in foreign countries are delivered in four phases: ‘pre consultation’ for case review, and prescribing radiology report; ‘outpatient consultation by proxy’ offered by AMI on behalf of each medical department; ‘second opinion’ which provides a written opinion regarding a disease produced by a relevant expert; and, ‘virtual consultation’ through which the patient, local doctors, and AMC doctors are connected via video conference for collaborated treatment.
From October to November of last year, the hospital provided virtual consultations to 102 patients in Mongolia through ‘ICT-based Pre-consultation and Post-care Pilot Project’ led by Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI). Many international patients remained unable to access Korea’s advanced medical care due to travel restrictions amid the pandemic and AMC introduced ICT-based remote consultation services for those who want its medical services.
Most of the 102 Mongolian patients were suffering from severe diseases including liver cancer, liver cirrhosis, brain tumor, pancreatic cancer, and pulmonary disease and eventually 13 patients decided to visit AMC for treatment.
Encouraged by its successful recruits and treatments of foreign patients in the past year, AMC plans to provide its virtual medical services to patients in the Middle East, Vietnam, Russia, Australia, Kenya, and more.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- South Korean dental scanner company Medit worth $3.1 bn is up for sale - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- LG Elec gets rare win in Japan with over 10% share in OLED TV market in Q1 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Rapid rate hikes poised to dampen car demand, shipments amid carflation - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Top 5 Korean securities firms’ net income likely to fall 26% in Q2 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- S. Korea’s 5G mobile subscribers grow to as much as half 4G users as of May - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 최민환-율희, 결혼 5년만 이혼…세 아이 육아는 아빠가
- 게임업계 뒤흔든 ‘손가락 스캔들’…직원들은 부글부글 [재계 TALK TALK]
- ‘사실상 열애’ 블핑 리사·재벌 2세, 파리가 만남의 광장? 이번엔 이강인 경기 관람[MK★이슈] -
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘호흡곤란 실신’ 노유민, 직접 공개한 상태 “다행히…”