Film composer Justin Hurwitz to hold concert for Jecheon International Music & Film Festival
A special concert by the film composer behind “Whiplash” (2015) and “La La Land” (2016), Justin Hurwitz, will be held at Airfield Stage on Aug. 13 for the upcoming Jecheon International Music & Film Festival (Jimff).
Hurwitz is planning to visit the festival as he was selected as the winner of the Jecheon Film Music Honorary Award, an award given to a music composer who left a significant mark on the field of film music.
He will stage a live performance of his original music in films “Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench” (2009), “Whiplash,” “La La Land” and “First Man” (2018) as a conductor and a pianist.
His piano performance includes original soundtracks of “La La Land” such as “Audition (The Fools Who Dream)” and “Mia and Sebastian’s Theme.” Musical actors Lee Choong-joo and Min Kyung-ah will perform “City of Stars” in the roles of Mia and Sebastian.
The 18th Jimff runs from Aug. 11 to 16.
BY LEE JAE-LIM [email@example.com]
Copyright© 코리아중앙데일리. 무단전재 및 재배포 금지.
- Bodies of missing schoolgirl, parents seem to be found
- HYBE not required to disclose BTS 'hiatus,' Korea Exchange says
- BTS's V apologizes for not greeting reporters or fans at airport
- Yoon, Kishida and Biden meet in Madrid, vow cooperation on North
- Alleged victim accuses Nam Joo-hyuk of being a bully at school
- Yoon, Kishida exchange political pleasantries in Madrid
- Son Heung-min mural painted on Tottenham building
- China turns the table on Korea with low-end chips
- BTS's V, Blackpink's Lisa, actor Park Bo-gum attend Paris Fashion Week's Celine show
- TvN to launch new entertainment show 'Earth Arcade' on June 24