Shoo of S.E.S. to feature in campaign against gambling
Shoo of disbanded girl group S.E.S announced through her Instagram that she participated in a campaign against gambling.
“I shot for a campaign to root out gambling for the Korea Center On Gambling Problems,” she wrote on her post. “This center is a governmental organization for people struggling with gambling issues and helps them get back on their feet, offering counseling and solutions to problems.
“I also resolved my problems through [the center’s] help,” she wrote.
The campaign video will soon be uploaded on the center’s official YouTube channel, she said.
In 2018, Shoo was sentenced to six months in prison, suspended for two years, for gambling overseas 26 times between August 2016 and May 2018. In 2020, the court also ordered her to pay her acquaintance from whom she borrowed money to gamble, a total of 346 million won ($280,000) plus interest, though Shoo has argued that it was the acquaintance who talked her into gambling. The total amount of money she gambled is estimated to be 790 million won.
BY LEE JAE-LIM [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Copyright© 코리아중앙데일리. 무단전재 및 재배포 금지.
- Bodies of missing schoolgirl, parents seem to be found
- HYBE not required to disclose BTS 'hiatus,' Korea Exchange says
- BTS's V apologizes for not greeting reporters or fans at airport
- Yoon, Kishida and Biden meet in Madrid, vow cooperation on North
- Alleged victim accuses Nam Joo-hyuk of being a bully at school
- Yoon, Kishida exchange political pleasantries in Madrid
- Son Heung-min mural painted on Tottenham building
- China turns the table on Korea with low-end chips
- BTS's V, Blackpink's Lisa, actor Park Bo-gum attend Paris Fashion Week's Celine show
- TvN to launch new entertainment show 'Earth Arcade' on June 24