Single-living household in S. Korea to hit 40% in 2050, half lived be elderly
According to the latest 30-year family forecast by Statistics Korea, a single-residing household would reach 9.05 million in 2050, representing 39.6 percent of the total households. Two-member family is estimated at 8.27 million for a 36.2 percent share.
The proportion of single-person households aged over 65 will almost triple to 4.67 million in 2050 from 1.62 million in 2020, taking up 51.6 percent of all one-person households. The number of householders aged over 65 will cross the mark of 10 million in 2039 and will further increase to 11.37 million in 2050, Statistics Korea projected.
[¨Ï Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Lotte Chemical to command capacity in four key solvents for lithium-ion battery - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- KCCI and SK chief meets business leaders in Japan on signs of thawing in bilateral relations - Pulse by Maeil Business News Kore
- Hanjin Transportation to invest $859 mn through 2025 to expand global logistics - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- US will rely on partners-led sanctions on N.K. and Russia to contain aggression: Treasury Under Secretary - Pulse by Maeil Busin
- NHN Cloud aims to quadruple sales by 2026 with deeper penetration into public sector - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- [인터뷰①] ‘연인’ 안은진 “남궁민=남궁장현, 애틋한 멜로 파트너”
- 전국에서 가장 작지만 강한 도시, 구리의 재발견 [스페셜리포트]
- ‘사실상 열애’ 블핑 리사·재벌 2세, 파리가 만남의 광장? 이번엔 이강인 경기 관람[MK★이슈] -
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘남태현과 마약’ 서민재 “나와 가족 직업·명예 다 잃어”(‘추적 60분’)