KCCI and SK chief meets business leaders in Japan on signs of thawing in bilateral relations
According to the business cycle on Wednesday, he met with major business leaders in Japan including CEO Kenichiro Yoshida of Sonny, CEO Akira Shimada of NTT, and Yasuhiro Sato, ex-chairman of Mizuho Financial Group, to discuss ways to cooperate in business areas, including semiconductors, EV batteries, and artificial intelligence.
He proposed holding Korea-Japan Business Council in Busan in November, after two years of hiatus due to the pandemic in a meeting with his Japanese trade group counterpart Akio Mimura and sought support for Busan’s bid to host the World Expo 2030.
The business community has been raising hopes for improvement in bilateral ties that had been at a standstill throughout last five years under the liberal government due to conflict over past issues.
President Yoon Suk-yeol and Prime Minister Fumio Kishida briefly talked during a gala dinner for NATO summit in Madrid. Yoon is scheduled to hold the first trilateral summit with U.S. and Japanese summits Wednesday since December 2017.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Hanjin Transportation to invest $859 mn through 2025 to expand global logistics - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- US will rely on partners-led sanctions on N.K. and Russia to contain aggression: Treasury Under Secretary - Pulse by Maeil Busin
- NHN Cloud aims to quadruple sales by 2026 with deeper penetration into public sector - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- EV charging tariff to rise by 7% with sunset of special discount in Korea - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korean duty-free shops gear up to reach out to global consumers via online - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- RM·뷔도 ‘아미’ 된다...오늘(11일) 논산훈련소 입대[MK이슈]
- 노후계획도시 특별법에 들뜬 1기 신도시 분당·평촌 들썩…선도지구 지정이 관건 [감평사의 부
- 티아라 출신 아름, 이혼·재혼 동시 발표…“소송 끝나는 대로 혼인신고”(전문)[MK★이슈] - MK스
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- 임영웅, 부산 벡스코 하늘빛으로 물들였다