KG-led consortium declared final preferred bidder for SsangYong Motor
The Seoul Bankruptcy Court on Tuesday endorsed KG Group consortium as the preferred bidder for the controlling stake in SsangYong Motor as filed by the carmaker and court-appointed auditor EY Hanyoung earlier in the day.
Ssangbangwool (SBW) Group which challenged the consortium after losing the stalking-horse bid again is said to have failed to prevail over KG Group¡¯s terms.
SsangYong plans to sign a final contract by early next month and hold a congregation in the end of August to seek creditor approval for its rehabilitation plan.
KG consortium is said to have offered to inject 600 billion won ($467 million) in fresh operating capital on top of 350 billion won in acquisition fund.
KG Steel shares ended Tuesday 8 percent down at 15,950 won while SBW shares fell 5 percent to 590 won and Kanglim 4.2 percent to 1,590 won.
[¨Ï Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- KG-led consortium declared final preferred bidder for SsangYong Motor - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s Seegene develops fast-result diagnostic reagent for monkeypox virus - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 'Post-pandemic Day' edges near - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Explosive e-commerce growth drives demand for logistics - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Kakao ambiguous on sale rumor on Kakao Mobility amid employee protest - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 다니엘 헤니, ♥루 쿠마가이 번쩍 들고 판타지 같은 키스
- 살얼음판 부동산 PF…‘째깍째깍’ 시한폭탄
- ‘서민재와 필로폰 투약 혐의’ 남태현, 징역 2년 구형 [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘러브 스토리’ 라이언 오닐 별세...향년 82세