S. Korean govt to spend nearly $800 mn to foster AI chip industry and talents
AI semiconductors are expected to play a more vital role in the era of digital transformation, said Lee, adding that it is important for Korea to take the lead in the AI chip market to enhance the competitiveness of Korea’s overall system chip sector.
Part of the bold investment will be used to groom about 7,000 AI chip experts by opening new AI chip university programs and sponsoring overseas internships.
The Korean government will also expand the scope of AI research with a 1-billion won joint research that will be conducted with the United States this year.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- SsangYong files court approval to confirm KG-led consortium as final preferred bidder - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s Seegene develops fast-result diagnostic reagent for monkeypox virus - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 'Post-pandemic Day' edges near - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Explosive e-commerce growth drives demand for logistics - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Kakao ambiguous on sale rumor on Kakao Mobility amid employee protest - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 다니엘 헤니, ♥루 쿠마가이 번쩍 들고 판타지 같은 키스
- GS 이어 SK그룹까지…다시 오너경영 시대 [COVER STORY]
- ‘서민재와 필로폰 투약 혐의’ 남태현, 징역 2년 구형 [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘러브 스토리’ 라이언 오닐 별세...향년 82세