DeFi projects abandon Terra ecosystem after Terra crash
THORChain (Rune), a DeFi project where investors can deposit Luna and its sister stablecoin TerraUSD (UST) and collect interest, has suspended withdrawal in line with Luna blockchain’s temporary shutdown. THORChain’s deposit is estimated at 250 billion won ($196 million) including a chunk of Korean investors’ money.
THORChain is not alone in abandoning the Terra’s ecosystem following the downfall of the digital tokens invented by a Korean national.
Com2us, a Korean video game developer operating blockchain game platform, last Friday announced it was switching its mainnet from Terra’s as it stopped creating new blocks. Mainnet is a live blockchain for transferring a digital currency from a sender to a recipient.
CoinWalk, running a move-to-earn app that allows users to earn money by engaging in routine physical activities, also decided to transfer its mainnet.
Do Kwon, co-founder of stablecoins Luna and TerraUSD, on Monday proposed to hard fork Terra to revive the ecosystem. His plan is to abandon the algorithmic stablecoin and launch a new cryptocurrency in place of Luna. It is Kwon’s second rescue plan since Terra’s crash late last week. He previously proposed to restart the Terra blockchain network by distributing 1 billion new tokens to TerraUSD and Luna holders. But his proposal has met with pessimistic response from investors.
Luna is a digital token created by Kwon. It is tied to TerraUSD, a stablecoin designed to be pegged one-to-one with the U.S. dollar.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- S. Korea’s top 500 companies achieve sale milestone of near $550 bn Q1 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- DeFi projects abandon Terra ecosystem after Terra crash - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Seoul to seek tech and data framework with countries of raw materials behind key exports - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Celltrion files IND for Phase 3 study of Actemra biosimilar in Poland - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Hyundai Ioniq 5 armed with Motional’s Level 4 self-driving solution delivers food - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 강경준, 상간남 피소…사랑꾼 이미지 타격 [MK픽] - 스타투데이
- ‘온디바이스 AI’ 타고 훨훨…시총 1조 ‘훌쩍’ [MANAGEMENT]
- 전지현보다 더 눈길 사로잡는 손흥민 손가락 깁스 - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다 - 스타투데이
- 양희은·양희경 자매, 오늘(4일) 모친상 - 스타투데이