Business hours, shopping and tourism events to normalize from Nov in S. Korea
The country¡¯s disaster management headquarters on Monday released a plan for gradual return to normal life. The three-stage plan, with each carried out over a period of six weeks, will begin on Nov. 1 with complete lifting in virus-related restrictions on Jan. 24, 2022 unless infection cases resurge again.
From next Monday, the phase 1 will begin by allowing private social gatherings of up to 10 individuals, regardless of vaccination status. Large social events, like wedding, will be allowed for up to 99 people without any conditions. For gatherings of over 100, people will still be subject to vaccination status check. All businesses, except for bars and such that are considered as high risk places for virus spread, will be allowed to operate for 24 hours.
Each phase will involve four weeks of execution period and two weeks of evaluation process, which will assess the overall status from vaccination rate to number of severe infection cases.
Various shopping and tourism events will be normalized starting next month.
The new private spending support plan, which is to be released by the economy minister on Tuesday, will reportedly include the government¡¯s voucher program for spending in leisure activities, such as going to movies and attending sports events. Cash back program is also expected to be launched for dining out, which has been offered for home delivery only, as well as discounts on hotels and train tickets or other leisure related activities purchased through agencies.
The country began its vaccine rollout program on Feb 26, the slowest among advanced countries. However, it achieved the herd immunity threshold target of 70 percent in just 240 days. U.K, which began vaccination on Dec. 8 last year for the first time in the world, has recorded 66.7 percent in vaccination rate, as of Oct. 22. Japan recorded 68.9 percent, Germany 65.5 percent, and the U.S. 56.6 percent, as of Oct. 21.
[¨Ï Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Kakao Pay to speed up global expansion after IPO and removed regulatory uncertainty - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Business hours, shopping and tourism events to normalize from Nov in S. Korea - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- LG Energy Solution taps LG vice chief Kwon Young-soo as new CEO
- LGES, SK On mull entry into China¡¯s dominant cheap EV battery market
- Korea to achieve trade volume of $1 trillion this week, with exports at record high
- 강경준, 상간남 피소…사랑꾼 이미지 타격 [MK픽] - 스타투데이
- 지갑 여는 ‘대한 외국인’ [COVER STORY]
- 김신영 측 “‘전국노래자랑’ 하차 통보 당황…9일 마지막 녹화”(공식입장) - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다 - 스타투데이
- 양희은·양희경 자매, 오늘(4일) 모친상 - 스타투데이