Blackstone-backed Simone Acc readies $340 mn IPO on Kospi for Nov
According to Simone Acc’s IPO prospectus filed with the Financial Services Commission on Monday, the company will offer 8.37 million shares with new shares accounting for 20 percent or 1,675,000 issues and existing 6,695,000 shares at a desired price band between 39,200 won and 47,900 won.
At the top end, the IPO would raise up to 400.9 billion won and put the company’s market cap on the Kospi at 1.6 trillion won.
A two-day pricing session ends on Tuesday, followed by public subscriptions on Oct.25-26 for listing on Nov .4.
Samsung Securities and Mirae Asset Securities are acting as lead IPO managers and Korea Investment & Securities is co-underwriter.
Established in 1987, Simone is the first ODM player in Asia to design handbags for global high-end brands. Boasting a strong client portfolio of affordable high-end brands like Coach, Michael Kors, and Tory Burch, the company commands the highest 10 percent share in the global market and a 30 percent share in North America. Its operating margin hovers above 10 percent, higher than the average of manufacturing industry. In 2015, global PEF Blackstone invested $300 million to acquire a 30% stake in Simone.
Simone delivered an operating profit of 43.4 billion won on sales of 333.5 billion won in the first half of this year, bouncing back from a temporary setback in the pandemic-stricken year of 2020 when its sales plunged nearly 40 percent on year.
“We expect our sales this year to reach 70-80 percent of the pre-pandemic levels and 100 percent next year, and aim to deliver a sales growth rate of 10 percent afterwards,” said Simone Chairman Park Eun-kwan.
The company said it will use 33 billion won of the IPO proceeds to expand its manufacturing plant in Southeast Asia.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
- Samsung SDI becomes second Stellantis’s JV partner after in U.S. after LG Energy Solution - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 19th World Korean Business Convention kicks off online and offline - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s top 4 audit firms’ combined sales up 9.2% on yr in FY20 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- KDB issues $1.5 bn multi-tranche global bonds at lowest spread - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- GS Energy to import blue ammonia from Abu Dhabi’s ADNOC for clean energy biz - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 이승기, ♥이다인과 열애 2년만 결혼 발표...견미리 사위 된다
- 유아도 자위한다.
- 하와이 간 효민, 휴양지답게 화끈한 의상 입고 포즈 [똑똑SNS] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변
- “손배소 제기”vs“허위사실 유감”...모코이엔티·김희재, 갈등ing