Samsung Elec bounces back to No. 1 in phone market owing to foldables
이 글자크기로 변경됩니다.
(예시) 가장 빠른 뉴스가 있고 다양한 정보, 쌍방향 소통이 숨쉬는 다음뉴스를 만나보세요. 다음뉴스는 국내외 주요이슈와 실시간 속보, 문화생활 및 다양한 분야의 뉴스를 입체적으로 전달하고 있습니다.
According to market researcher Canalys on Monday, Samsung Electronics accounted for 23 percent of the global smartphone shipments during the July to September period, becoming the No.1 smartphone vendor in the world. The growth was owed to the global craze for its recently released foldable devices – Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3.
Domestic sales of the foldable smartphones exceeded 1 million in 39 days since its launch on August 27, the third-fastest following the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S8.
Apple came second with a 15 percent share on strong initial demand for its new iPhone 13. Xiaomi took the third place with 14 percent. Oppo and Vivo came fourth and fifth with 10 percent each.
Its Smart Monitor released in December last year sold 600,000 units in the global market on Monday, according to the company.
The monitor allows users to enjoy various over-the-top (OTT) services including Netflix, Samsung TV Plus and YouTube without connecting to a PC. The multi-tasking monitor that enables easy connection with IT devices also supports remote access and voice recognition.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
- SK E&S to complete purchase of full ownership in Busan City Gas - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- H Robotics draws $10mn in series B round pre-IPO fundraising - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung Heavy adds $1.7 bn deal from Eurasian shipper, overachieves annual target - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 11 Korean nominees shortlisted to vie for IU35 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- M&As in Korea hit $31 bn as of Sept. up 68% on year - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 빅나티, 공연 중 뛰쳐나가 여친에 뽀뽀…태도 논란 휩싸여
- 17년 지켜온 ‘세계 1위’, 어쩌다 뺏겼나 [cover story 1]
- 클라라, 글래머러스 볼륨감+특유의 섹시미 발산
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변
- 찬열, 유튜브 개설 “혼자 하려니 힘들어요”