Korean court orders liquidation of seized Mitsubishi assets to compensate victims
입력 2021. 9. 28. 15:15
A South Korean court has ordered sales of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries’ assets seized by Korea to compensate victims of forced labor during wartime. The Daejeon District Court ruled in favor of plaintiffs, forced labor victims, by ordering the sale of two copyrights and two patents seized by the plaintiffs after the Japanese company refused to pay compensation. The victims each will be able to raise around 210 million won ($177,316) from the sale. Mitsubishi said it will appeal the ruling in cooperation with the Japanese government.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
이 기사에 대해 어떻게 생각하시나요?
매일경제에서 직접 확인하세요. 해당 언론사로 이동합니다.
- Korea govt, chip industry forms consultative body to tackle global challenges - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Seoul prepares the country to incremental ‘living with Covid-19” mode - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s MMAA eying best income plans to up investment in overseas stocks - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Drone taxi to become available in Seoul from 2025 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Kakao Mobility under fire over monopolistic expansion in chauffeur-hailing service - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 다니엘 헤니, ♥루 쿠마가이 번쩍 들고 판타지 같은 키스
- GS 이어 SK그룹까지…다시 오너경영 시대 [COVER STORY]
- ‘서민재와 필로폰 투약 혐의’ 남태현, 징역 2년 구형 [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘러브 스토리’ 라이언 오닐 별세...향년 82세