Korean govt, chip industry form consultative body to tackle global challenges
The consultative body, comprised of representatives from 30 semiconductor companies and research centers, including chip giants Samsung Electronics and SK hynix, will collaborate to support local players’ stronger global growth, the Ministry of Trade, Infrastructure and Energy said in a press release on Tuesday.
Upon launching, the government and industry players revisited the key action plans outlined in the state’s semiconductor industry growth strategy unveiled in May. The consultative body will continue to monitor the progress and add a team for active response to any investment related issues, such as regulatory hurdles, according to the trade ministry.
Local semiconductor industry players raise hope the consultative body to respond better to pressures at home and abroad.
Last week, the U.S. government asked global chip manufacturers including Samsung Electronics to submit chip sales data and other sensitive information, citing increasing transparency in the chip supply chain and resolving global chip shortage problem.
Revealing such internal inventory information, such as chip sales and order data, however, would mean exposing chip producer’s competitiveness in manufacturing and products under development. To date, Samsung Electronics has not publicly disclosed details on logic chip business as well as detailed earnings data on other chip products.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Korean court orders liquidation of seized Mitsubishi assets to compensate victims - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- BTS resuming stage concern in the U.S. in Nov-Dec - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea govt, chip industry forms consultative body to tackle global challenges - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Seoul prepares the country to incremental ‘living with Covid-19” mode - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s MMAA eying best income plans to up investment in overseas stocks - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- [인터뷰①] ‘연인’ 안은진 “남궁민=남궁장현, 애틋한 멜로 파트너”
- 사상 첫 수출 1조 돌파…라면 전성시대 [BUSINESS]
- ‘사실상 열애’ 블핑 리사·재벌 2세, 파리가 만남의 광장? 이번엔 이강인 경기 관람[MK★이슈] -
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘남태현과 마약’ 서민재 “나와 가족 직업·명예 다 잃어”(‘추적 60분’)