Korea slides down ranks for fixed internet speeds
이 글자크기로 변경됩니다.
(예시) 가장 빠른 뉴스가 있고 다양한 정보, 쌍방향 소통이 숨쉬는 다음뉴스를 만나보세요. 다음뉴스는 국내외 주요이슈와 실시간 속보, 문화생활 및 다양한 분야의 뉴스를 입체적으로 전달하고 있습니다.
Korea's internet speed rank has fallen to No. 7 in the world for fixed lines, but it's still No. 2 for mobile connections.
According to U.S.-based market tracker Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index, Korea ranked seventh in terms of fastest fixed broadband speeds as of July. The index is based on mean download speeds.
Korea ranked second in July 2019, and fell to fourth place last year.
This year, Monaco had the fastest broadband speed, followed by Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Romania and Switzerland.
Despite its ranking slide, Korea still had a fast fixed broadband download speed of 212.83 megabits per second (Mbps) in July. That's 98 percent faster than the global average of 107.5 Mbps.
Korea is the only country to show up on both of this year's lists for top 10 countries with fastest fixed broadband and mobile internet speeds.
In terms of mobile internet speeds, Korea ranked second this year, the same as last year.
It had an average mobile download speed of 189.2 Mbps in July, 243.6 percent higher than the global average of 55.07 Mbps.
The United Arab Emirates ranked No. 1, with Qatar ranking No. 3. China ranked fourth and Cyprus fifth.
BY LEE TAE-HEE [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Girls' Generation's Yoona wants the best of both worlds
- Moon repeats call for declaration to end Korean War at UN
- Young people’s deaths after Pfizer vaccines are new worry
- ‘Squid Game’ is No. 1 among U.S. Netflix viewers
- Narilya Gulmongkolpech earns unanimous praise for role in 'The Medium'
- After 512 episodes, Yumi and her cells say their final goodbye
- Oral treatments are next Holy Grail for Korea and Covid
- Withdrawing money from an ATM (KOR)
- Nude model Ha Young-eun bares all with her first book
- Raids targeting Yoon conducted over Chuseok holiday