Halla Holdings invests $86 mn in EV battery separator maker WCP, shares up 15%
이 글자크기로 변경됩니다.
(예시) 가장 빠른 뉴스가 있고 다양한 정보, 쌍방향 소통이 숨쉬는 다음뉴스를 만나보세요. 다음뉴스는 국내외 주요이슈와 실시간 속보, 문화생활 및 다양한 분야의 뉴스를 입체적으로 전달하고 있습니다.
Uplifted by the news, Halla Holdings shares jumped 12.2 percent to close at 55,200 won Thursday.
WCP was set up as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Japan’s W-Scope in 2005. It produces lithium-ion battery separators for electric vehicles, which is a core EV battery material making up 15-20 percent of the battery price. It has own technology in producing polymer films with a factory in Chungju, North Chungcheong Province.
WCP is building a European manufacturing base to start mass production by 2024 in cooperation with Samsung SDI Co. It plans to file for a preliminary application for initial public offering by the end of this year to go public in Korea by the first half of next year.
“WCP will be able to safely go public in Korea, considering its technical power and business outlook of the secondary battery industry. Starting the latest investment, Halla Holdings will seek more strategic cooperation with WCP such as establishment of joint sales network,” said an official from Halla Holdings.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
- Try Everything: Corporate identity and people define startup success: FiscalNote CEO - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- S. Korea’s fiscal deficit stretched to record high of $62 bn in 2020 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Carbon tax to weigh down economic growth, accelerate inflation: BOK - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- SK Innovation will not rush with EV battery unit’s IPO: CEO - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung Heavy wins $717.6 mn deal for six LNG dual-fuel container carriers in Europe - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 홍상수, ♥김민희 없이 홀로 칸 영화제 참석 이유는?
- 중국이 공들이는 ‘신개념 배터리’ [BUSINESS]
- 영화제 참석한 카리나, 독보적인 올블랙 비주얼
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변
- ‘91년생’ 임영웅, 결혼 계획 공개 “내일 아들 낳아버릴까?” (마리히)