Korea's car output estimated to rise 4.4% on year, domestic sales down 3.5% this year
이 글자크기로 변경됩니다.
(예시) 가장 빠른 뉴스가 있고 다양한 정보, 쌍방향 소통이 숨쉬는 다음뉴스를 만나보세요. 다음뉴스는 국내외 주요이슈와 실시간 속보, 문화생활 및 다양한 분야의 뉴스를 입체적으로 전달하고 있습니다.
According to the Korean Automobile Manufacturers Association on Monday, sales of domestic cars are projected to lose 5.8 percent to 1.51 million units due to lackluster new releases amid chip shortage.
Only eight new models including Hyundai Motor’s Ioniq 5 and Casper, Kia’s K8 and EV6 and GM Korea’s Bolt EUV have been launched this year, compared with 12 of last year. Renault Samsung Motors and SsangYong Motor have no plan for new release this year.
Foreign car sales are expected to gain 9.1 percent to 330,000 units this year thanks to aggressive marketing efforts, increased price competitiveness, and growing interests in premium vehicles. Electric car giant Tesla extends grounds in Korea.
Auto exports are expected to climb by 14 percent to 2.15 million units on a sign of recovery in both major markets like the U.S. and European Union and emerging markets.
In terms of value, vehicle exports are projected to jump 28.3 percent on year on strong sales of high value-added models like SUVs and eco-friendly vehicles.
On the back of rising outbound shipments, the country’s auto output also is forecast to reach 3.66 million units to add 4.4 percent from the previous year.
The projection has been revised upward from 1.82 million units estimated in late last year to 1.84 million units for domestic sales, and downward from 2.34 million units to 2.15 million units for exports and from 3.86 million units to 3.66 million units for output.
From January to July, the number of cars produced from Korea amounted to 2.11 million units, up 7.0 percent from a year earlier. Outbound shipments soared 23.1 percent to 1.24 million units, while domestic sales fell 3.2 percent to 1.06 million units. On home turf, domestic car sales were off 6.8 percent to 870,000 units, but import car sales expanded 18.2 percent to 190,000 units.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지
- Korea’s car output estimated to rise 4.4% on year, domestic sales down 3.5% this year - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- The rise of self-made and younger billionaire tycoons in Korea stands out - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Seoul, Washington hold first ransomware meeting with U.S. ahead of Five Eyes joining - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- This year’s WKF offers beauty, space, and money talks for free - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s Sept 1-10 exports up 30.7%, imports rise faster 60.6%, chip shipments fall - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 홍상수, ♥김민희 없이 홀로 칸 영화제 참석 이유는?
- 엘앤에프, ‘양날의 검’ 테슬라 때문에… [BUSINESS]
- 영화제 참석한 카리나, 독보적인 올블랙 비주얼
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- ‘91년생’ 임영웅, 결혼 계획 공개 “내일 아들 낳아버릴까?” (마리히)