S. Korea ups state subsidies for EV cars, end subsidy for expensive imports like Tesla
The Ministry of Strategy and Finance said on Friday 1.4 trillion won ($1.27 billion) is allocated this year to subsidize consumer purchasing of some 136,000 eco-friendly cars, up by 26,000 units from last year.
The number of EV trucks to be subsidized will double from 13,000 units to 25,000 units.
The government will also differentiate subsidy levels by car price as those retailed between 60 million won and 90 million won will receive only a 50 percent subsidy and expensive cars like Tesla models priced over 90 million won will receive no subsidy.
Subsidies for compact EV trucks will be raised from 5,120,000 won to 6 million won to help small vendors and businesses. Subsidies for electric taxis will also be up from 8.2 million won to up to 10 million won.
[ⓒ Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- Psomagen readies to roll out self Covid-19 test kit this year - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Kakao Bank eclipses traditional banks to win Korea’s ‘Best Bank’ recognition - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Big foreign IBs benefit from M&As, smaller hurt by tepid foreign stock invest - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Korea’s Jan-Nov current account surplus 25 percent higher than a year ago - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Disney Plus’ ESPN to shake Korea’s sports broadcasting market - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 입대 앞둔 BTS RM 미술관 나들이...“많이 웃자구요”
- 전국에서 가장 작지만 강한 도시, 구리의 재발견 [스페셜리포트]
- 인피니트 남우현, 아무도 몰랐던 그의 암 투병…“10시간 동안 수술받아” [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- 강민경 인형 미모