Korean tobacco cleared of U.S. anti-dumping charges
Anti-dumping investigation in the U.S. is conducted by the Department of Commerce, which looks into the dumping margin, and the ITC, which studies industry harm. The case is closed if either party issues a negative determination.
The commerce department on Dec. 7 determined that Korean exporters had dumped 4th-tier cigarettes in the U.S. at a rate of 5.48 percent.
With the ITC¡¯s final ruling, KT&G would be reimbursed for the duties held by U.S. customs since July.
Fourth-tier cigarettes refer to tobacco blend rolled in paper that has a nominal length of 7 to 12 cm and nominal diameter of less than 1.3 cm and a tobacco blend consisting 10 percent or more of tobacco stems.
The anti-dumping petition was raised by the Coalition against Korean Cigarettes, whose members are Xcaliber International and Cheyenne International, in December 2019.
[¨Ï Maeil Business Newspaper & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]
Copyright© 매일경제 & mk.co.kr. 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지
- AMCHAM adds 7 new members to 2021 board - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- S. Korea to keep antidumping duties on Japanese steel bars despite WTO ruling - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Renault Samsung to trim executives, pay amid losses - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Nexon founder goes after Korea’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- Samsung Elec sustains Q4 profit above $8 bn, 29.5% jump in FY20 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea
- 구혜선 “시조새 이모 졸업, 작은 희망과 위로 되길”
- 매그니피센트7…엇갈리는 전문가 전망 [MONEY STOCK & BOND]
- ‘서민재와 필로폰 투약 혐의’ 남태현, 징역 2년 구형 [MK★이슈] - MK스포츠
- 이찬원, 이태원 참사에 "노래 못해요" 했다가 봉변 당했다
- BTS 진, 입대 앞둔 정국에 조언 “국군도수체조 외워놔라”