Police charge 25 with producing, possessing child porn
전체 맥락을 이해하기 위해서는 본문 보기를 권장합니다.
The other suspects requested that the two play games like "master and slave" or "daddy and little."
"If a stranger approaches you through social media and tries to win you over with gift certificates or game items, you need to immediately inform a guardian you trust like your parents," a police officer at Gyeonggi Nambu Provincial Police said. "Such crimes can be prevented when you clearly refuse requests of personal information or pictures that expose your body."
이 글자크기로 변경됩니다.
(예시) 가장 빠른 뉴스가 있고 다양한 정보, 쌍방향 소통이 숨쉬는 다음뉴스를 만나보세요. 다음뉴스는 국내외 주요이슈와 실시간 속보, 문화생활 및 다양한 분야의 뉴스를 입체적으로 전달하고 있습니다.
![Activist against online child pronography performs in front of the Supreme Court, Seoul, in October 2021 before a ruling on a high profile online sexual exploitation trial was made. [YONHAP]](https://img1.daumcdn.net/thumb/R658x0.q70/?fname=https://t1.daumcdn.net/news/202305/24/koreajoongangdaily/20230524182112200ctvy.jpg)
The cybercrimes department of Gyeonggi Nambu Provincial Police filed criminal charges against 25 people for alleged involvement in producing and possessing child pornography.
Six were arrested, including a 22-year-old man.
The suspects are accused of making explicit materials that involve master-slave roleplaying by luring young victims with gift certificates and game items.
A 17-year-old student approached a 12-year-old through Twitter in November 2021. He groomed her by complimenting her looks, which later evolved into a relationship that lasted until May 17 last year.
He later asked the girl to make explicit materials with her smartphone and send them to him through Kakao Talk, the most-used messenger app in Korea.
The materials were later sent to 15 other men, including a 22-year-old.
A total of 1,793 videos and other materials were filmed and shared with the group of 15.
The 17-year-old even had sex with the underage girl by disguising the meeting as a date.
The other suspects requested that the two play games like "master and slave" or “daddy and little.”
Nine other people, including a 34-year-old, approached the 12-year-old through Twitter and received explicit videos that were already recorded.
The police started investigating the case after the parents of the young girl reported what was happening.
During the seizure of the suspect’s properties, including online cloud storage, the investigation team found 4,352 unreported pieces of child porn, bringing the victim count to 45.
Investigators have talked to 12 of the victims with plans to talk with the remaining 33.
“If a stranger approaches you through social media and tries to win you over with gift certificates or game items, you need to immediately inform a guardian you trust like your parents,” a police officer at Gyeonggi Nambu Provincial Police said. “Such crimes can be prevented when you clearly refuse requests of personal information or pictures that expose your body.”
BY LEE HO-JEONG [lee.hojeong@joongang.co.kr]
Copyright © 코리아중앙데일리. 무단전재 및 재배포 금지.
- NCT Dream bodyguard may be prosecuted after pushing fan
- China blocks Korea’s largest portal Naver
- Nuri launch to proceed as planned, put 8 satellites in space
- New and improved Hwang Ui-jo is ready to return to Europe
- Calls for tough punishment for teens involved in hit-and-run
- Carefree minors flaunt misdeeds on social media
- U.S., South Korea sanction more Northern entities
- [INTERVIEW] KARD calls domestic popularity its 'biggest homework'
- Int'l students share mixed feelings about Korea's high beauty standards
- Le Sserafim, IU and the copyright witch-hunt